Country Parks in Northamptonshire
Northamptonshire's award winning Country Parks each have their own unique character and something to offer for everyone. With friendly and helpful staff, easy parking, picnic meadows, surfaced trails, sign posts and plenty of seating, the parks are provided with access for everyone in mind. Select a park below for more details :
- Swing, glide and climb through the trees at Irchester Country Park with the Jungle Parc UK high ropes adventure course.
- Explore the Edwardian reservoir features on the waterworks heritage trail at Sywell Country Park.
- Relax in the sensory garden or burn some energy in the superb play area at Brixworth Country Park.
- Spot a Kingfisher at Barnwell Country Park – ask the rangers where to look.
- Cycle around Pitsford Water and the nearby Brampton Valley Way.
- See the magnificent Red Kites at Fermyn Woods Country Park and then reward yourself with home made cake in the Skylark Café.
- Book a ranger led environmental activity session for your school, your group or your child’s birthday party.
- Have a go at conservation volunteering, attend a park event, or simply relax and enjoy the countryside.
Barnwell Country Park
15 hectares of beautiful lakes, ponds, meadows and riverbank, a great day out for all the family.
Barnwell Road, Oundle, Peterborough, PE8 5PW
Tel : 01832 273435
Brampton Valley Way
A beautiful car free park forming part of Route 6 of the National Cycle Network.
Brixworth Country Park, Northampton Road, Brixworth, NN6 9DG
Tel : 01604 883920 Fax : 01604 883921
Brixworth Country Park
Network of accessible surfaced trails leading round 15 hectares of countryside overlooking the picturesque Pitsford Water.
Northampton Road, Brixworth, Northants, NN6 9DG
Tel : 01604 889478
Daventry Country Park
A safe and accessible countryside amenity with waterside and woodland walks, nature reserve and nature trail.
Northern Way, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 2JB
Tel : 01327 871100
Fermyn Woods Country Park
Meadows, thickets, marshes and ponds situated in the heart of the Rockingham Forest.
Lyveden Road, Brigstock, Kettering, Northants, NN14 9HA
Tel : 01536 373625
Hunsbury Hill Country Park
Nature reserve, picnic sites, playing fields, children's activity area and playground.
Hunsbury Hill Road, Danes Camp Way, Northampton
Tel : 01604 233500 ext. 4469
Irchester Country Park
Located in the heart of the Nene Valley.
Gypsy Lane, Little Irchester, Wellingborough, Northants, NN9 7DL
Tel : 01933 276866
Sywell Country Park
A scenic country park developed from an Edwardian Reservoir and Arboretum.
Washbrook Lane, Ecton, Northampton, NN6 0QX
Tel : 01604 810970 Fax : 01604 812661
Top Lodge, Fineshade Woods
Top Lodge Visitor Centre, Fineshade, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 3BB
Tel : 0300 067 4340
Further information about Northamptonshire's Country Parks can be found on the County Council Website